CONCEPT BY GERRY LEAVITT, KATHY TETLOCK AND RON BLOND
HOW TO USE THIS APPLET
The slider area
The sliders change the parameters a and d in the trigonometric functions y = a sin( x ) + d or y = a csc( x ) + d.
- Drag a slider to change the value of a parameter.
- The left and right arrow keys can be used to change the selected parameter [light blue].
- The up and down arrow keys can be used to increase or decrease the selected parameter. (Use this feature for fine adjustments.)
- If the arrow keys don't respond, click the cursor in the applet frame then try again.
- Drag a parameter scale to "move" it. (ie. Change the range but maintain the scale "length".)
- Drag towards or away from a parameter thumb to "re-scale" the scale.
- Select the corresponding parameter button to enter a value for a parameter.
The graph area
- Drag the red location (or the light red horizontal line) to move the graph vertically.
- Drag a location along the graph (not on the light red horizontal line) to cause a dilatation or reflection about the light red horizontal line.
- Click and drag any location in the graph area (not on the graph) to see the coordinates of the cursor as well as the coordinates of locations along the graph.
- THE SHIFT KEY : Click and drag in the graph area to move the entire coordinate system.
- THE CONTROL-SHIFT KEY : Click and drag in the graph area towards or away from the :
- x-axis to change the y-axis scale.
- y-axis to change the x-axis scale.
- Use the "RESET" button to restore the applet to the initial state.
RETURN TO GRADE 12 MATHEMATICS APPLET (WCP) SELECTION PAGE
RETURN TO MAIN PAGE