- Shift-drag: Hold down the shift key, then drag the described object.
- Control-drag: Hold down the control key, then drag the described object.
- Control-shift-drag: Hold down both the control key and the shift key, then drag the described object.
Control and Keyboard Functions
- Select the LINE ONE button then either the y = mx + b button or the ax + by = c button to make changes in line one.
- Select the LINE TWO button then either the y = mx + b button or the ax + by = c button to make changes in line two.
- Use the slider controls to change the following parameters:
- m and b in the linear relation y = mx + b.
- a, b and c in the the linear relation ax + by = c.
- Drag the slider thumb to change the value of a parameter. Use the up and down arrow keys to increase or decrease the selected parameter. (Use the keys for fine adjustments.)
- NOTE: If a key doesn't respond:
- position the cursor in the applet frame
- click the mouse button
- try the key again.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to change the selected parameter. The selected parameter will have light blue slider gutters.
- Drag a slider scale to change the range of the scale while maintaining the scale length.
- Drag a location in a slider gutter towards or away from the thumb to change both the range of the scale and the scale length.
- Select the corresponding parameter button to enter a value for a parameter.
- Select the PRECISION button to set number rounding.
- Select the TRACE button to predict:
- a y-value given an x-value, based on the horizontal position of the cursor in the coordinate plane.
- an x-value given a y-value, based on the vertical position of the cursor in the coordinate plane.
- Select the RESET button to restore the applet to the initial state.
Graph area functions for y = mx + b
- Drag the dot to move the line.
- Drag a location along the line other than the dot to change the slope of the line.
Graph area functions for ax + by = c
- Adjust the line by changing the parameters. There are no methods available to adjust the graph in the graph area.
General graph area functions
- Shift-drag in the graph area to move the entire coordinate system.
- Control-drag in the graph area, towards or away from the origin, to change the x and y axis scale.
- Control-shift-drag in the graph area, towards or away from:
- the x-axis, to change the y-axis scale.
- the y-axis, to change the x-axis scale.
RETURN TO GRADE 11 MATHEMATICS APPLET (WCP) SELECTION PAGE
RETURN TO MAIN PAGE